Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A decade to remember...

Sorry I haven't been updating, guys. I'm still fighting a cold and have an earache. The blogging must go on... The past ten years has been certainly one to remember. A lot of memorable things happened, both personal and historical. I thank God for getting me through these years. There were times I probably wouldn't have made it but I'm still here, and I look forward to what the next decade will bring. Here are some of my most memorable moments of the last ten years (2000-2009):
  • Y2K - don't act like y'all didn't stock up on everything when you were told all the electricity would shut down...
  • Presidential Election 2000 - the 1st time G. Dub cheated his way to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave...
  • The deaths of Aaliyah in 2001, Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopez and Jam Master Jay in 2002, Gerald Levert in 2006, Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes in 2008...
  • 9/11/2001 - the day the world stopped moving; this is THE biggest, most significant even ever...
  • Iraq War - G. Dub lied about the weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein caught but bin Laden still free...smh...
  • Janet Jackson's 2004 wardrobe malfunction & J. Timberlake punked out - on repeat for several weeks lol...
  • High school graduation - #shoutout to Forest Brook class of 2003...
  • Accepted to and becoming a University of Texas Longhorn - Hook 'em Horns!
  • The death of my grandmother - that morning phone call I'll never forget...
  • Myspace, Facebook, Twitter - what's next...
  • Columbia space shuttle disaster (2/1/03) - I thought it was a rocket or some fireworks #honestly
  • Tropical storm Allison; Hurricanes Katrina, Rita & Ike...
  • Snow Days - Houston had like 3 or 4 of them...AND an ice storm...global warming, my ass!!!
  • Line dances - Stanky Legg, Cupid Shuffle, Michael Jackson shuffle, Bunny Hop...what other dances? LOL
  • Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - need I say more? ♫ Now WAIT!!♫
  • Avian/Bird flu and H1N1 outbreak - Swiiiiiiiiine...
  • Miracle on Hudson - the plane landing in the Hudson River...
  • The Assassination of Neda (Iranian Election) - the videos shown on CNN...man...
  • Balloon Boy and the White House Party Crashers - the hell wrong with these people?
  • Whitney Houston - Being Bobby Brown #KissMyAss, Crack is whack, the Wendy Williams interview, teaching us how to smoke a coke-laced weed while reading the Bible...Crackney had some moments, didn't she? LOL
  • Attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day - a tighty whitey bomb?! #CmonSon
  • Octomom - crazy ass...
  • "You got Chris Brown'd!" - sorry Ike...#KanyeShrug
  • Tiger's a Cheetah...
  • Michael Jackson dies - the day music stopped playing...
  • Year of the Fallen Stars 2009 - Brittany Murphy, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, Senator Edward Kennedy, Patrick Swayze, Natasha Richardson, Billy Mays, David Carradine, Steve McNair...
And I cannot forget two of my favorite moments - G. Dub chokes on a pretzel and ol' Dick Chaney shot his friend on a hunting trip. That's mean, I know...and I don't care. C'est la vie! What a decade. On to the next one...

No comments: