Monday, December 28, 2009

I love my family...

...especially during the holidays. No matter what happens with us, I know I can always count on them. Well, I couldn't count on them this time. There was no big drama or boxing match to make it a big memorable event. The last big showdown was Christmas 2005, and that was THE best, lol. I know, it's sad wanting my family to fight each other for my entertainment but if you'd spend just ONE day with these people, you'd be saying we should have a reality show.

I did have a NICE Christmas, though. I spent half the day with my Louisiana folks and the other half with my mom. My niece was so happy to see her Tinkerbell and Princess and the Frog gifts. I watched my little cousins faces as they opened their presents then we ate the annual Christmas gumbo (I told you my family is Creole...they hail from Louisiana). I got a couple of gifts, even though I don't care for getting them. I've outgrown that and told these people not to get me anything. My aunt and uncle gave me a tie, knowing very well I don't dress up at all. My best friend got me the 12 megapix-5 optical zoom digital camera that I been looking for, which she owes me for breaking my last camera anyway. My mom got me a box of Turtles (can't go wrong with that) and an Amex gift/debit card thing. 

I guess you can say a little drama, if you call it that, did happen. My mom's folks were supposed have the get-together at one of my aunts house but she never answered the phone for 2 days. She finna get it, if she hadn't gotten it already.

To top it off, I witnessed my mom attempting to jerk and re-enact the Single Ladies routine. I have appointment with a therapist in a few minutes. #ShadeSoldSeparately

Looking forward to that one crazy drunk on New Years...

No comments: