Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Angel's Cry


December 2, 2009. 7:52 A.M.

Phone rings. I answered. A few minutes later, I hang up, walked out of school and got in my car.

As I drove home, I kept pulling over to regain my composure so I could make it home.

He was supposed to be getting better. He was doing fine.

8:24 A.M.

Closed my bedroom door. The waterworks began.

It hurts. He's gone. I keep hoping it's all a dream but it's real. He's gone and he's not coming back.

I start thinking about his wife, whom he JUST married. I start thinking about his very young children.
He was just fine on Thanksgiving. A little mistake and it cost his life. He had finally awaken two days ago and he was doing fine. How do you accept that? How do you deal with something like that?

I'm not good at handling things like this. I shut myself off from everyone and neglect taking care of myself.
I can't go back the depression. I refuse.
Thankfully, I have my family with me now. We just have to help each other.

Dear Uncle Jr,
We never expected this to happen. I wish you could still be here.
You didn't get a chance to live a full life.
I guess the good thing is you're up in Heaven sitting next to Mama Joyce now.
Give her my love. We miss you.
Bye Bye.


No comments: