Thursday, December 3, 2009

The thing about miscommunication...

Yesterday, I was an emotional wreck. Learning the news about a death of a close family member can do that to you. My sister broke the news to me early that morning. After finally calming my nerves down, I decided to say good-bye to my uncle via a post.

That was at 11:31 A.M.

No more than two hours later, I finally talked to my mom and learned that my uncle is in fact still living. However, he's brain dead. The thing was, when she got the call from my aunt, who happened to be so emotionally distraught and unintelligible of course, which is understandable considering, my mom couldn't even understand a word my aunt was saying...but managed to make out the word "dead". Still being alive would still make things hopeful but the news of being brain dead diminished that hope.

Today, a decision will is supposed to finally be made. I stood by my uncle's side yesterday, praying and hoping he'd wake up but I also said my possibly final good-bye. I guess I've come to terms and accepted the situation and what's bound to happen next because I'm doing so much better now. Now, we have to focus on my aunt and their children.

I won't delete yesterday's post because I'm going to keep that as a tribute. Guess I'll let you know when the time comes...

1 comment:

sc8709 said...

Awww I'm sorry bro. Keep ya head up