Sunday, December 6, 2009

I smell Roses!!!

TEXAS WINS!!!!!!

Colt McCoy threw his 3rd and final interception that resulted in Nebraska taking a 12-10 lead with 1:44 left in the game. I was blood-red PISSED
Then I thought, maybe Colt and the offense company will surprise us. There was still enough time left. All they had to do was transform into the super powerful team they were in the 12 weeks prior. They have just enough time to get into field goal range and win this game.
Yeah, I know. The Longhorns offense put on a horrid display, piss-poor performance the entire 38 minutes and 16 seconds of regulation. Colt was sacked 9 times and scored the lone TD. They only rushed 38 yards and Colt passed 184. Terrible.
But Colt managed to get them to field goal range. I stood up. I was praying and cussing at the same time. I know, I'm going to hell. That's a given anyway. 
3rd & 13. I kept saying, "Go for field goal!!" Everyone else in the room was against me and my Longhorns. They were still pissed we managed to beat their precious sorry ass Texas A&M on Thanksgiving. Oh well. Back to the game. 
Colt & co. decided they were going to try for a TD throw. I knew this wasn't going to go over well. I was going KAH-RAY-ZEE!! With about 5 seconds left, Colt snapped, ran towards the sideline and threw the ball out of bounds as the clock wound down. The Huskers celebrated, everyone around me cheered.
Suddenly,
there was a call for review of the play. Replay showed, with the clock, the Longhorns had 1 second left thanks to the NCAA rule: once the ball hits SOMETHING, the clock must stop. Just our luck.
Hunter Lawrence is up. 4th & 13. 49 yard field goal. I felt the same way I did when the Texans were playing the Titans. I was going to tear shit up in the house if Hunter pulled a Kris Brown. The Texans kicker, not the Ike Turner wannabe singer. The Huskers tried to distract Hunter with a time out but that didn't phase him. 
Snap. Hunter kicks...and it's GOOD!!! Cheers, confetti & Big 12 Champions trophy. All is right with the world.

 
Next stop: the BCS National Title Rose Bowl.  

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!


2 comments:

sc8709 said...

I actually wanted Texas to lose...I wanted some BCS confusion!!! Sigh...oh well. I think I'm gonna go for Alabama.......

AJ said...

Steven...during the hours of the game, I will dislike you. Just during the game...