Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A bitch named Life...

Just when you think you're about to take a step forward, this bitch named Life steps up and knocks your ass back 100 yards. Today, I found out how true those words are. I received some news that seriously pissed me off. I'm talking about needing-to-break-something pissed. I felt like giving up, as if all the trying and everything that I've worked for was done for nothing. For a moment, I felt like God wasn't there for me. I know, I know...it was foolish of me to think that. I still have my faith and realized that I have to keep going. It's nobody but Satan that's trying to keep me down. Well, guess what? I just got back up again, dusted off my ass and I'm pushing back. I got a really good talk of encouragement that gave me motivation to keep trying. It's hard to do sometimes but I realize that life is about the fight to survive and to get where I want to be. It's good to know I have a great group of people in my life (y'all know who y'all are). After some prayer time, I decided to listen to iTunes and the first song that plays:



Whitney Houston.::I Didn't Know My Own Strength::.

The Climb

Darkness is all I can see
My eyes are wide open
But there’s no light to guide me
Lost, confused…where am I?
How did I get here?
Keep walking, a little voice I hear
Sounds from all directions
I keep moving, paranoia growing
Fear in my eyes, my hands reach out
Nothing but air is what I grab
Rushes of wind blows against me
Help, I cried out
Not a body in presence
Shivers, tears, my legs are giving up
I fall down to the ground
Paralyzed with fear
Unable to move, I cry
I surrender…

Get up, that little voice speaks again
So commanding
Demanding to keep going
Exhausted and weak
Don’t give up now
“I picked myself back up”
A song begins in my head
I push myself up to my feet
My legs still tired
Suddenly, a light appears
My feet are heavy like bricks
Dragging, desperate to reach the glow
So determined, I had to get there
I couldn’t struggle any longer
No more of this darkest hour
My faith giving me all the fuel I need
To reach the light that leads me from this dark
Pushing myself with such heart and hope
So much I never thought I’d find within me
You’re almost there, that angelic voice
I made it…I conquered
I’ve reached the mountain’s peak
Stronger and wiser I come out on top
Grateful I am for Him not giving up on me
This bitch named Life dealt me some bad cards
I wondered how much more can I take
But I’ve learned how to play smart
I refuse to lose…I will not break

By the way, my best friend bought me a 6 pack of Budweiser beer. You know, the ones in the bottle? Unopened, I took them outside and threw each one of them against a tree. I felt so much better, lol.

1 comment:

deonte' k said...

great post lil' buddy... I've been feeling the same way at times, but u have to believe that God got something better for u ahead. :)