Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 3 - Your parents


Mom: Gosh, you are THE most amazing woman I admire most in this world. I swear there is no one  else that can even come close. You did it all by yourself, raising three children. You are a strong black woman and you’ve worked hard to get where you are now. Your love, your caring and nurturing, and disciplining lol…all helped shaped me into the man I am today. You taught me to be respectable, well-mannered and independent, to stand up for myself and speak what I believe in. As shy as I used to be, nothing can keep my mouth shut now, lol. There are times I should have listened to you, now that I look back, but sometimes I have to do things and learn on my own. In the end, I always turned out all right. I know how much you love me that you don’t even need to say it. We’ve had our differences but because of our special bond that goes beyond mother and son, we can always get past them. You are my rock. You’ve been there when I needed you all my life and now I’m leaving, going to live in another state. I don’t know what I’m going to do without you but I know I’ll be okay. I know you are proud of me but I feel like I still have a long way to go. I love you, Mom.
Dad “Papi”: I might not have much to say to you whenever we’re together but I do love you, no matter what. I wish we had a better relationship than what we have now but at least we were working on it. If only I didn’t have to leave. I wish you would have been there for me all those years though. You’re a strong man. No matter how much life knocked you down, you always got back up. You’ve been given another chance to change things. I love my stepmom and little baby brother and sister. You’re doing so much better in your life now and you’re making it work. No matter what, I’m proud of you for making the effort.

No comments: