Saturday, July 24, 2010

Movie Review: Despicable Me and Inception


Despicable Me
At first I didn’t care too much for this movie. The initial trailer previews didn’t give me the idea that this film would be a good one; although I thought the little kids (kids, not kidz) would love it regardless. But as time went on, the previews revealed a little more of the film then came the little girl. “It’s so fluffy!!” Lol, she’s so cute. So I decided to pull up the movie online *yes, ONLINE* and watch it. I gotta say, I laughed my ass off throughout the movie. I had the wrong impression; this movie is hilariously fun. I wish I would have been able to take my niece to see it. Definitely worth it. I also recommend the soundtrack, which is produced by Pharrell. Grade: A+


Inception
I never understood what this film would be about before walking into the movie theater. Just as I expected, it was confusing at times. This is a kind of film that you’d have to really pay attention or else if you miss two seconds, you’d be seriously lost. I like those kinds of movies that can hold my attention like that. However, despite a little confusion, I still understood what was going on. Most films of this nature are hard to pull off but Inception was brilliantly executed. It takes you on a dream within a dream within a dream that can be created and controlled by the sleeping individual. The confusing part comes when you don’t know when the characters are in a dream or not, lol. I recommend it. Grade: A


1 comment: