Sunday, July 18, 2010

ATL Diaries: up in the club...

So I've been in ATL for two weeks now. My job keeps changing my start date but let's hope I start this week. Until then, I'm just going to say TBA. As for non-employment related stuff, would you believe if I told you that I still haven't gone anywhere? Well that changed this past Saturday. My cousin and I went to Midtown Bowl where he introduced me to his friends...all 49 of them. *thats just an exaggeration btw* He did have a lot of friends, which is his "family". I'm still trying to learn and get used to this lifestyle but I'll probably never understand the purpose of a gay family. #Dontjudgeme. Anywho, they're all cool and fun but...they're pretty much G.H.E.T.T.O. After 9 frames I bowled a 79 (we didn't finish before our time was up). Needless to say, despite my quiet nature upon meeting new people, which is really me scoping them out *think of it as personality screening*, I had fun. Afterward, some of us decided to go to a club. Thanks to my cuzzo, everyone knew I was pretty new to the scene so this would he my first time going to a gay club…Bulldogs. I thought it was an alright experience, besides the no-talent DJ who couldn't mix the music right. Hell, I would have done a better job with my experience. The crowd was a bit on the older side. One of our friends, who's more around my age or maybe younger, realized (probably not paying attention) this was my first time then turned to me and said "I feel sorry for you. Your first time in a gay club and they brought you here?! That ain't right." They wanted to get me to loosen up and dance but I don't dance...in the clubs. House parties are a different story. At least nobody groped me or else #thatsaproblem. But it wasn't all bad because my cuzzo and his friends kept me entertained. Like seriously they are some fools.

I hate meeting a big group of new people because I can never remember names that way. The few that did go to Bulldogs I did remember because it was more personal since it was a very small group. I think they might have made me a part of the family. They kept referring to me as my cousin's "child". Um...O_O And I've been branded. According to them, my alter ego is Helen Keller. Don't ask. I see fun times in the near future.

3 comments:

sc8709 said...

LMFAO @ helen keller

UrSoVain said...

Ugh. Bulldogs? Please don't let that be the idea of what the Atlanta gay club scene is like. There are MUCH better places out there. And gay families are meant to be a support system much like one's own biological family. Since not everyone has one thats supportive... they make ones themselves and structure it like our idea of a family with roles and labels and such. And Im sure they referred to you as his 'child' since you sort of are following him around and he's responsible for 'showing you the ropes' so to speak.

AJ said...

SC: hursh! lol
UrSoVain: Oh I won't. Bulldogs is off the list forever lol. And thanks for the perspectives of having a gay family. Now I can understand that. I'm still not calling my cousin "Mama" though lol.