Friday, April 23, 2010

Monster

I'm out of breath, running in fear
Fighting for my life
But I couldn't seem to get away
No matter how hard I tried
Or where I'd try to hide
You always seemed to find me
You grabbed me, restrained me
Held me down, put pressure on my chest
Unable to breathe, unable to move
I couldn't find the strength
Couldn't push you away
Begging and screaming no more
Pleading for you to let me go
No one around to hear my cries
I gave in, surrendering to your power
You took my life, my innocence
Drained the light from my soul
Now I'm left alone in darkness
Every night the tears would fall
As each minute replay
Over and over again
Nightmares refusing to set me free
Like a horrible dream I will never wake
I can no longer live my life like this
Trying to hide the unbearable pain
Years of facades, masking the hurt
False pretense of happiness
It seemed as though it was my fault
Placed the blame upon myself
Feeling of embarrassment and shame
Frightened and paranoid
I cringe at the mention of your name
My worst nightmare comes true
There you stand before my eyes
Once again, back in my life
Anger...no, RAGE engulfs my flesh
My blood boils, my veins filled with hatred
Soon after, my emotions now replaced with fear
Such evil I've never seen before
Pour from your deadly grin and icy glare
So disgusting you are, a MONSTER
Cold and calculating and manipulative
Fragile and weak is what is left of me
Your presence keeps me prisoner
My mouth opens but no words escape
Inside I'm screaming but no sounds I could make
The closed wounds for years I've licked
Now opens again
This knife covered in blood falls from my hands
Falling to my knees, battered and bruised
Your venom seeps deeper into my veins
Your poison destroying ever inch of my existence
No fight left in me, just an empty soul
You broke me
You left me shattered to pieces
You...you killed me.

7 comments:

sc8709 said...

Oooo I like this...its very deep

Acoustic Soul said...

Wow! I like this a lot man. You went there with it.

My favorite line: Your poison destroying every inch of my existence

Mr. FreeXone said...

*claps* Extremely deep!

AJ said...

Thanks you guys. This is the most personal I've ever done.

Kemet said...

Wow. This is awesome. Thanks for baring your creative soul like this. Much appreciated. ~Calvin~

AJ said...

@Kemet: Thanks dude.

deonte' k said...

WOW.... LOVED IT!!!!!! U better write!!!