Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fool me once...

Yeah, yeah, Happy April Fool's. Blah Blah Blah.

Up until about 3 years ago, I practically used to be the king of April Fool jokes. I would get EVERYBODY but nobody could ever fool me. I was too good. But 3 years ago, I stopped because I dealt kind of a low blow.

You see, here's what happened: a cousin of mine and a close friend of mine at the time were together and they had a daughter together. On that April 1st, another relative and I were babysitting my little cousin while they were out for the day. So my kinfolk and I had an idea. I called my friend and told her that we were at the hospital, and to meet us there. All I said was the baby's name and she freaked the fuck OWT!!! (Misspelling intended)

I couldn't even say anything else. With all the voices in the background, I knew she had to be around a lot of people. She kept hanging up many times and asking what happened. I still couldn't say anything...SHE WOULDN'T LET ME!! So FINALLY, I calmed her down to explain that I was fooling her...and boy, did she cuss me the fuck out and called me shit I have never even heard of!! She wouldn't speak to me or leave me alone with the kid for like a whole week. Believe me, there was a lot of ass-kissing and sucking up I had to do.

Moral of the story, if you're babysitting somebody's child, don't mention the kid and hospital in the same sentence. I realized I was wrong on SOOOOOOO many levels.

In the end, she was still able to laugh it off because it turns out she was in the nail shop getting her toes done, and she ended up kicking the lady in the face.

No comments: