Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Music Videos


Artist: Maxwell
Song: Fistful of Tears
Album: BLACKsummer'snight

Love this song. I think it's time to move into the second part of this trilogy, blackSUMMER'Snight.


Artist: Toni Braxton
Song: Hands Tied
Album: Pulse *Available May 4th*


Artist: Toni Braxton
Song: Make My Heart
Album: Pulse *Available May 4th*

"Make My Heart" is a nice video, very different. However, I just cannot get into the song, no matter how much I try. Hell, I doubt I would like it even if Bouncy recorded it. I love, love, LOVE me some Toni Braxton but I’m just too disappointed in her and the direction of this project. Over 25 recorded songs leaked over the past year, and she and the label decided to pick 11 of those tracks for the album, half of them being the weakest including this one. They completely threw away the best songs Toni recorded this era. Even though "Make My Heart" impacts urban radio on April 20th (it has already been at radio since February), none of Toni's singles have taken off, including *great songs* "Hands Tied" the original and remix of "Yesterday" that features Trey SongzThings just can’t seem to go right for Toni but this time it’s her own fault. She’s trying too hard.

*Side note: I would have posted the new Snoop and Cudi video but it was removed.

2 comments:

Acoustic Soul said...

I'm really rooting for Toni Braxton and her career, but the music she's making isn't moving me much at all. *sigh*

deonte' k said...

Love the Toni song and video... Sang Maxwell... ;)