Sunday, August 1, 2010

ATL Diaries: Green and Drama

So, as most of you know, I started my new job last Monday. I'm a shuttle driver for a hotel that I'm not going to say because some of you might come looking for me for discounts and shit. I also do other tasks too but that's besides the point. I started out the first three days with the trainer doing the driving showing me all the routes and spent the final two days of the work week behind the wheel. My first day driving was not that bad though I did hit a few bumps and curbs. The second day was smooth. No bumps or curbs. I pretty much learned the routes and know most of my way around the Midtown/Downtown area now. Don't expect no tours from me. I'll still have you lost. Oh yeah, a piece of information that was omitted when I applied, I get tips too...and don't have to report it. Yay!
But getting to the most important part of this entry: My cousin, who got me the job, was my trainer. He works at another hotel location in the company but used to work at the one I'm at now. So of course, he knows all the people. I like to get to know people upon meeting them and observe their personality, which will let me know if I 'll like them or not. Mind you, I don't go to work to make friends. Some of my coworkers have told me how they don't like some of the others (including not liking my cousin). They were spilling all the tea. I mean, JUICY!! BUT...my fam got my back though. He told me about every single person that is my coworker. Their demeanor, personality, habitat...everything. He's had it out with the cook, who's trying to get all buddy-buddy bestie with me, probably because she knows I'm my cousin's kinfolk and that would piss him off. Oh, and she don't like the gays. Sure enough, she'll figure me out if she hadn't already. Fam told me to draw my own perception of everyone, and I said I will but I stay on alert and guarded. All I can do is take his word and watch out for these folks.
And then there's this cute guy who works the front desk. Well, cute is an understatement. But anyway, I found out that he is a team player ("gay" for you slow folks) but you wouldn't even know it unless your gaydar is THAT DAMN GOOD. But he's one of those Bible-toting, scripture-quoting self-hating types that probably thinks that will make up for his sexuality in the eyes of Gawd. He's cool but if he start preaching, I'm pulling a Madea. You know...put up that church finger and walk away. Nothing against religion as I am "Christian" myself, I just don't do the Bible stuff or the church thing. I have my reasons. Oh but he and my cousin got into it the other day. Man, I tell you, for a gay man who's so masculine, he's apparently a lot of drama. Yeah, we'll just keep it on a somewhat friendly level.

So I'm learning the city a little more, making money and making moves. Next goals: car and my own place...finally. Yeah, I've never had my own place. It's about time. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Oh, and I need something to do for Labor Day weekend. Fam going out of town and the one friend I made here is moving away for a while. I hate being alone for holidays.

2 comments:

sc8709 said...

Hmph...everyone in ATL is a team player! Seriously tho...I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, and you definitely gotta form your own opinions of people.

UrSoVain said...

Atlanta is good for giving you a cute butch queen with some MASSIVE flaw. Like deal breaker type. I dont do the church gurls either... that self hate isn't the tea. Especially since they're the main ones engaging in the very thing they preach to themselves and other that they're against. And there is PLENTY going on for Pride. The park. Vita. Chap. Club 91. Club Miami. roof top pool party. And since the host hotel isn't far from you... you could always just head over there. I'm sure plenty of people will be having hotel parties. Or you can just walk around mid town and look at the boys walking down the street or in their rental cars. Speaking of church, The city turns into what i imagine a version of heaven would be like... Boys boys boys!!