Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to (Boring) Me


I decided to go ahead and give this crazy bitch a listen. I can’t really be a fan of hers anymore after she tried that fake ass suicide attempt. I still believe all that “drama” is a publicity stunt since she needs buzz because her upcoming album isn’t generating any. I already liked the lead single “Bittersweet” (notice she sings, “my Lord, my Lord…this shit is bittersweet”). The 2nd single, “Man of the House” is catchy but I doubt it will do well as a single. And of course, “Even Angels” is a nice somewhat motivational track. Unfortunately, it feels like the album is all over the place. While each and every track is great or just good enough, I find myself getting bored by the 4th track and trying to stay awake and maintain attention by the 6th. I feel the album wasn’t well put together and there aren’t any good singles. However, Fanny does show some growth. I’d have to listen to the tracks randomly instead of from beginning to end. Not THE best but definitely a good one. Glad Fanny and Monica is resurrecting the female R&B genre and sticking true to it. Now it’s time for Faith and Kelly P. to follow suit.
Standout: “I’m Here” (from ‘The Color Purple’ musical) - This shit had me on my damn feet.
Grade: 3.5/4
In stores 8/24

No comments: