Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Can't Have U

It's been almost 10 years, and recently, I was inspired to start writing poetry again. This is the first one after so long. It's called "Can't Have You". Check it out:


I’ve got this strange feeling
It’s come all over me
I can’t explain it
It travels all through my body
Butterflies in my stomach
Tingling in my spine
Everything begins to fade to black
Every time you come across my mind
Never thought this could be happening
My every thought is always you
My palms are clammy now
I don’t know what to do

It’s impossible
I cannot be falling for you
I’m in the Garden of Eden
And you’re the forbidden fruit
I’m fighting all the temptations
You’re off limits to me
I long and ache for your touch
You’re out of my reach
This long distance is killing me
Feels like we’re worlds apart
As I write these words
I hear the beat my fluttering heart


How do I describe it?
It’s complicated
I know that I can’t have you
My feelings I never anticipated
These emotions, it's crazy
What do I do?
Feels like I’m on a roller coaster
It’s got me all dazed and confused
I’ve come to realize I will never have you
No matter how hard I try to beg the angels above
As I learn to accept it, I begin to wonder
These feelings, could I be in love?

Dedicated to JoJo ;-). Thanks for the inspiration.

2 comments:

Mr. FreeXone said...

Nice. When you receive those feelings, it feels good to wake up in the morning so you can experience it all over again.

deonte' k said...

Wow buddy... I'm impressed... really good.. wanna see more from u. ;)