Thursday, January 7, 2010

I cut my hair!!!!!

Okay, so I had been growing out my hair since June 2009. The last time I got a haircut to be exact was June 20th before my trip to Jamaica, the Caymans and Mexico. So it's been about 7 months. I'm mixed (which I don't always like telling people unless they ask) and my hair is soft and tightly curly, so it's kinda kinky. Well, there were 2 problems: my temporal hairline/edge up was trimmed too far back and my hair was completely uneven. I'm talking some sections were over 4 inches long, some 3 and a half, and some just a little over 3 inches. Yes, that bothers me. I really needed my hairline to grow back so I never had it trimmed in the last week. On top of that, I had a job interview yesterday that I needed to groom for. (BTW-I got the job but didn't accept it because it wasn't what I needed nor expected) Well, I wasn't going to trim the edges but I couldn't go looking a MESS! So, I did what I had to do: I cut it. I wanted to cry while I was cutting it. So, girly, right? Lol. Nah but for real, I feel weird, like naked, lol. I took a few pics as I was cutting and a final pic before I left for my interview. Check them out:
 
Ungroomed before shower and combed out after shower (already curling).
 

Did a mohawk midway through then the final result. 
Not too bad, aside from a minor mishap on the left middle area. *I forgot the guard, lol* But hey, I still got the offer. I'm not going to cut it for another week, which by then the mishap will have grown and so will the edge line, then I'll cut it so it will be completely even.  I'm thinking of starting what I like to call a "loc journey". I'm just "thinking".

By the way, I just knew somebody was going to ask me if I was part Mexican/Hispanic. I hate when people do that.

2 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

you look a lot better with a brush cut. Im not fond of hair to be honest, on men. So You look grand!

AJ said...

Everyone is telling me that lol. Thanks!