Monday, January 4, 2010

Twenty Ten...

Well, it's the first Monday of the New Year.

That means it's the official start of life in 2010.

All the weekend partying and careless celebrations are over. It's time to get back in the grind.

Resolutions? Fuhgeddahboudit. That word doesn't exist in my vocabulary. They're pointless. All the ridiculous PLANS that people claim they're going to do - lose weight, stop smoking and drinking, be a better person, stop whoring - and they never make good on it. That's why I tend to call New Year's the period of empty "maybe" promises.

Me? I set realistic goals, ones that I know and I'm determined  that I can make happen. There's no changing my eating habits, work out more, or getting closer to God because I know damn well I'm not going to do any of that. Besides, I'm close enough to the Dude up there, just not as much as the hardcore super-religious fanatics think I should be.

Anyway, I'm just going to continue my academics, as I'm working on my Associates Degree in Biology this semester. After a nearly year of being an unemployed student, it's definitely time for me to get back to work. So, there's that. And I definitely am going to get my own place. I can only stand having roommates for so long. I need my privacy, shit. One thing I do plan to make good on is a skiing trip.

So what are you GOING to do? Don't mistake that with what you're PLANNING to do. In 2010, set some REALISTIC goals to accomplish. Trust me, it will be a journey.

Don't forget to have fun and live a little. Experience some things you've never done before. I started last weekend...*wink*

1 comment:

Mr. FreeXone said...

When you want to change, you will!