Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The "Date" guy...

So, things aren't going the way I hoped but to be honest, I kind of expected that to happen, especially given my history with guys I've liked. It sort of prepared me for this moment, I guess.

Follow up to: So...first "date"?

I confessed that I like him a lot. I'm not really sure if he feels the same or not but it doesn't even matter anyway. I don't regret telling him but I felt embarrassed and ashamed for the way it happened, though he told me not to be.

Having just gotten out of a relationship, I can understand why he isn't ready to jump into another one. It's best not to bring the issues of the past into a new relationship. I think that's the best thing to do by resolving those issues, and I have a lot of respect for him wanting to do that.

I would love to wait for him, and I wouldn't mind it, but he probably wouldn't want me to do that. During our conversation about love and relationships, like all my friends, he told me not to give up.

At least we can still be friends and hang out. It still kind of sucks though...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwww I know how you feel, however if a person tells you that they are still recovering or hurt...believe them...and know that they are not the one...the one for you knows he's ready and willing to give all of attention, time, emotion and love to you. So enjoy the journey, hang out, but know that it can't be nothing more than friends! You're worth having someone who is full and complete in themselves, and even more you owe it to yourself to be made whole! Be blessed!