Wednesday, May 25, 2011

These insecurities of mine...

I know. I'm starting to sound like a depressed broken record...but I wanted to share this.

I recently uploaded this pic as a new default on Twitter.
Bad enough I don't like to take pictures because I almost always never like how I look. But I chose this because it was the first photo of me with my newly retwisted and longer 'locs'.

Later, while I was on Twitter, I noticed I had just lost a follower. As if on cue, I see a tweet from someone I follow:
"Is it bad that I unfollowed someone because of their avatar? #shallow"
Sure enough, thanks to who.unfollowed.me, I confirmed that he was the one that unfollowed...and it was because of my default pic. When I tweeted him, "lol nah you good", all he could say was "eeeeep!" knowing he had been caught.

That really changed my whole mood for the rest of the evening. I changed the picture and sat looking through every photo of me and not liking what I saw. I know I'm not cute at all but to see that I'm that ugly enough for people to unfollow or de-friend me...

I really wish I could see what most of y'all see in me because I can only see what that person saw.

2 comments:

UrSoVain said...

If you don’t want to find yourself being insecure about your looks, don’t spend your time around superficial men and don’t make your looks a focal point. If you have a pattern of poor relationships, or lack of relationship success, it’ll come down to more than your looks as to why it’s happening.

Anonymous said...

it takes time to see what others see in the meantime dont let one persons perception shape the way you look at yourself or affect you negatively. while it is easier said than done i think what you need is to see yourself as you really are and be confident.We cant do much about what people do or think or say knowing that dont waste your energy on people like that instead focus on you all of you developing yourself
btw i think you are goodlooking