Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Scared of Being Lonely...


This keeps happening
It’s like a cycle
Keeps going round and round
Leading me back where I started

I meet someone
We’ll hang out a few times
Get to know him
I’ll like him…then start falling for him

But then comes the bomb
What I once thought just isn’t
Everything he says is just a flirt
Nothing was real
So I give up on ever finding love
Sometimes I don’t believe in it
My walls are put up
Until someone else comes my way

I get nervous
I get those feelings again
But this time I refuse
I refuse to fall again

This time I like him
But I’m only leaving it as that
Those walls I built I won’t take down
My pride, it’s protecting me
From hurt
From heartbreak
From tears
From this thing we call Love

Finally
This could be my chance
My heart is saying go for it
My mind says “Don’t even”

Sure, I’m scared of being lonely
Never to share this life with the man I could love
But the past keeps punching me in my face
What happens next is all I keep thinking of

What if this time’s a charm?
Maybe I should take the risk
No, I made it this far alone
I’ll go farther on my own

No comments: