Friday, April 22, 2011

I Am My Own Worst Enemy...

I'm always too hard on myself
I try not to be but each time, I fail
Too pessimistic is what they say
That's my view of life everyday

Standing here looking in the mirror
Searching for what others see
Liquid sorrows roll down my face
Ugly is what these eyes see, no beauty

Big lips, wide nose, gapped teeth
Thick, big-boned fat-ass
No six-pack but a keg
No way I'm turning any heads

A compliment here, a compliment there
Nod my head as I just stare
"You're beautiful, sexy and cute"
Somebody must be blind

This love life, or the lack thereof
Sending sweet, beautiful dark chocolates my way
Before I could claim just a small bite
Tall, dark and handsome just keep walking by

So many chances I had
All leading me to believe the games
Now I believe in nothing
Love was never in existence

Lonesomeness takes over
As I lay in this cold king bed
Reaching over into space
Only imagining someone there

Everything I feel is my fault
Nothing else is to blame
My insecurities will still be there
No matter how hard I try to change

Every little critique
Nitpicking every little flaw
Even with all the progress so far
I'm still holding myself back

Constantly fighting this never-ending battle
Anxiously wanting it all to be over
I refuse to go down losing
I'm claiming it, I'll come out with this victory

No comments: