Saturday, October 16, 2010

ATL Diaries: Coming Out...

I posted a while back that I was going to come out to my best friend. And as you all know, or maybe you've been hiding under a rock, this past Monday was National Coming Out day. I was intending to write a letter because I didn't think I'd be able to get everything out over the phone. However, when I realized on Monday that it was Coming Out day, I decided to send an email because I felt more confident that day. The entire time I was typing, I was a nervous wreck. I was scared. I almost didn't press "send".

But I'm glad I did. My phone vibrated signaling a text message. It was from my best friend.
"Awwww...I'm here for you no matter what and I'm glad u are happy"
I don't do crying, except when watching The Lion King. But dammit if I didn't cry like a lil bitch after reading that. She's the greatest. Someone once told me, "Once you got a good friend, they will ALWAYS be your friend." I have a good, true friend. The next day we spent 3 hours on the phone as normal. Well, till my phone died. But it was like nothing's changed.

Today, all of my friends and family knows, and I have their love and support. I should have just come out years ago. SMH. As my good bestie Peppah would say, "You're a gay now!"

Side note: my new friend here figured out I have a crush on our coworker aka the "Bible Toter". I don't know how she figured it out but she did, lol.

1 comment:

CutieTJ said...

aww that's wonderful! I'm happy for you and quite inspired. Hopefully, I will have the courage to come out the rest of my family (Father)! ^_^