Saturday, October 16, 2010

ATL Diaries: Star Struck...


I'm not the type to be star struck when it comes to meeting celebrities. I've met Destiny's Child v.2, Rodney Hampton (formerly of NY Giants), Bill Clinton, etc. I never do all the screaming and squealing and jumping around.
Then I met her.
Chilli of TLC. And still wasn't star struck.

In fact, I was getting the shuttle van washed at the car wash in Midtown this morning. A woman 2 seats down called out “Ro!” and I glanced up but didn’t pay much attention. When “Ro” walked past me, I looked up and noticed her bag, which had a picture of Chilli’s son Tron on it. “Ro” sat next to me and as kept looking at her because she seemed familiar, she looked directly at me. I then recognized her. “Chilli?”, I said. She smiled and waved, “Hi. How are you?” I replied, “Great, and you?” “I’m good, thanks,” she said then continued her conversation with the friend. Asking for autographs and pictures was out of the question. Besides, she wasn’t there for long as they left like 2 minutes later. 
Chilli’s so beautiful in person, and so small. And yes, the baby hairs were real.
It was cool meeting her and she seemed human. I know I should get used to this because I'm sure I'll see more since I live in ATL. 
I mean, I've seen Gucci's tour bus like 5 times already. He's one I don't want to meet though.

2 comments:

Mr. FreeXone said...

gotta love her! She is beautiful to me

deonte' k said...

I like Chilli ;)