Sunday, October 3, 2010

ATL Diaries: Niagara Falls


I have a terrible cold. I had the place to myself since Wednesday and I get sick, vomiting and shit. Even with a nose running like Niagara Falls, my friend took me out of the house Saturday. We went to the Atlanta BBQ Festival in Atlantic station. One guy, who I think was just a kid (read as in teen), went out of his way to check me out as I walked by. I’m talking from the moment I was walking in his direction until I was well past him. Yeah, you gotta be a little older buddy. 
Then she took me to 5 Points/Underground. I don’t like that place. I never really go there because it’s too ghetto. I was so uncomfortable too. And can y’all believe she took me into Rainbow??? I have a bad judgment in friends because my bestie back in Houston did the same damn thing. Rainbow, though? Ugh. And yes, eyes were on me too. Some of them were looking grossly though.
We passed by what looked to be a block party or something. She wanted to stop there until we asked what was going on. Soon as dude said Clark-Atlanta homecoming, we burnt off. No thank you.
After that, we went to Camp Creek. That was much more my environment…suburbia. Out of the ghetto-ness. Had a nice time, bought a few things.
Ended the night by going to…the West End. I know about the West End because Madea talked about the West End, and I swore I’d never go to the West End. But there we were…in the West End. Now that was the “hoodt”. Not “hood” but “HOODT”. She was going to go into the store for a minute and leave me in the truck but I was like, “Hell to da naw!” I didn’t mind walking into Simply Fashion as long as she didn’t leave me by myself. Not in the hoodt, buddy. 
Her: Would you live out here?
Me: Hell to the no!
Her: Why not?
Me: Do you see this shit? My chances of getting shot increases by 214 percent. Matter fact, lock the doors and let up the windows.

No comments: