Friday, October 8, 2010

Decisions...


I know I have a long time before Fall 2011 but I think I’m reaching closer to a decision on which university I want to continue and finish, either Georgia Tech or Morehouse. I’m leaning more towards Morehouse.
I met a guest that stayed at the hotel this week who has a buddy that went to Morehouse and is now a doctor. He believes that having a Morehouse degree will provide better opportunities for me than GT. Plus Morehouse is more acknowledged than GT. I should be expecting a phone call in the next week or two.
Making connections in ATL.
Maybe I'll go to Spelman. o_o

2 comments:

UrSoVain said...

Its "Spelman" (their currently the top HBCU) and Morehouse is a different world. Take a tour to see if you like it. We have all different types of students from all over (even whites and asians). The experience is what you make of it and the school is very big on its image. In no way is it perfect but most of us who go/ went here wouldn't have went anywhere else. But GT is very well known for its engineering programs. From what ive seen and heard the black students at GA tech all have to hang out with each other because the greater GA tech community isn't all that open. There have been a few anecdotal stories of blatant racism but i don't wanna say that's the overwhelming experience. There is a large chance they you will be the ONLY black student in your stadium classroom though. The makes a very big difference in your overall college experience

sc8709 said...

I agree...if you have the opportunity to attend Morehouse then you should do it