Friday, September 24, 2010

Forget the bitter shit...


A couple of nights ago, my mom texted me, asking if I had called my dad to wish him happy birthday. I had actually forgotten it was his b-day but I did know that the day was supposed to be something important; I just couldn’t put my finger on why. So Moms told me that my sister said our dad never called her. With her, if it’s not about her, she doesn’t care; she only cares for herself and her daughter. Then Moms said my lil bro told her that “The man ain’t called me in 19 years.”
The difference between me and them is I don’t harbor feelings of bitterness. Yeah, so my dad hasn’t called or been there when I needed him for majority of my life. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s half the reason I’m here. He’s still my dad, and the only one I’ll ever have. What happened in the past is in the past. I’m over that. The fact is my dad is here now. I started building a relationship with him, and when we get together, we talk about any and everything. I have a stepmom and another younger brother and sister that are going to look up to me. The bitterness they’re harboring is not allowing them to get past the past. It’s time to let that shit go.

1 comment:

sc8709 said...

I agree...let the shit go and move on