Tuesday, September 7, 2010

ATL Diaries: My First Pride...Part II

This past Sunday, as a part of Atlanta's Black Gay Pride weekend, all the ghey's gather together to socialize and meet up with friends and Twitter followers from all over the country at Piedmont Park. Since I wasn't doing anything else, I met with on of my Twitter buds and went to the park and checked out the scene (my first time at the park also). It was...a sight to take in. Shit just got real. I was in this great big crowd of my peers, people who are just like me. Well...some of them. Some of them were just ratched, cooned out, and over the top. They were just doing the most. But it was all good...kinda. I did meet up with a couple of my favorite tweeters from my hometown of H-town...all of us rocking our Sperry's. Wouldn't have it any other way. Met some others too. It felt strange but good to be in that environment. And yes, I did give some hugs, although that was kind of hard for me to do. My "Animal" shirt was very popular too, lol.

Then Labor Day (Monday). I was planning to go out to some place called Prime but my job kicked my ASS! I really saw no purpose me going in to work but my main supervisor said to do so. I only had to do ONE shuttle run which was the very first run at 7:10 in the morning. Normally, in my spare time, I would help in the restaurant and the front desk is like my back up position. Why did my other supervisor have me, dust mopping the lobby then wet mopping, vacuuming AND picking up trash that includes cigarette butts and beer bottles in the parking lot? If the main supervisor was there, I'd be straight chilling at the desk. By the time I left, my feet were aching so bad like Cicely Tyson had spent 8 hours in the cotton fields. Got home and fell out, knocked out on the couch. Ain't heard a phone ring or a text alert...till my coworker kept calling me repeatedly. We went out to Atlantic Station, walked around and had dinner and drinks at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. Yeah, we cut up and got personal, basically she became my new best friend. Then I went home and went back to sleep. The place called Prime didn't happen. Not even mad after the day I had.

2 comments:

CutieTJ said...

That's great..it's nice you had a wonderful labor day weekend. Didn't it feel good to give out those hugs?

I haven't tried Copeland's at Atlantic Station yet but I will soon.

UrSoVain said...

Lol its "Primal" and i heard it was CUTE!