Sunday, September 5, 2010

ATL Diaries: My First Pride...Part I


So I went out last night. I thought I’d be staying in for the 2nd night in a row this weekend when one of the biggest black gay pride events are going on in town but fortunately (and unfortunately) my cuzzo’s “fam” called me and asked if I wanted to hang out. ‘Course I said, “SUUUUUURRRREEEE!!!” They named me the designated driver. Mind you I’ve had like 4 Jack Daniel’s Country Cocktail Downhome Punch and Four Loko Lemonade. So basically I’d been drinking almost all day. And I still was going to drink at this party. Cooked, watched the UT v. Rice game, got my outfit together then realized around 8pm that I’d forgotten to get my uniforms from the cleaners that closed 3 hours earlier. The cleaners, to make matters worse, is directly across the street. I mean, literally, I can look out of my window right at the place. Even worse? They’re closed today…AND, thanks to the holiday, tomorrow. I fricking work tomorrow and Tuesday!!!
Oh, well, back to last night. Okay, so the “fam” arrives and we head out. Nice house in a nice neighborhood, I don’t even know if we were still in ATL. (We were) The party wasn’t much of an environment that I’m used to. We go get our drinks (I had four Coronas and 3 mixed drinks all night), they go off and mingle while I’m off to the side trying to take it all in. I tell you, the eyes that would not stop staring. It was like they were HUNGRY. Dudes did come up and speak and stuff. One thing I found out. The gheys love to hug. I’d rather shake hands and be done. As the night went on, I started to loosen up and danced a little bit. One of my people was pretty much wasted. I’m talking stumbling, slurring, can’t stop laughing, hungry ass wasted. Had to take him to the car for a minute, lol. But he was STILL pulling numbers. Got 3 of them in my phone since he left his in the car, smh. Back in the party, after all the drinks, I’m still sober. Him…smh. He kept having to check up on me but really, we had to check on him to make sure HE was alright. 
I "think" I saw Marquis Phifer at the party. Dope dude from LateBoots.com. He looked exactly like him but I couldn’t really be sure. He was a little more thicker, as in buff/meatier (did I say “meatier”?) than Marquis and he wasn’t dressed like only MP can dress. Didn’t seem like his type of environment. Does MP have any tatts on his arms?
Should’ve sneaked a pic….

Anyway, we left about 3:30 and got back to my place. Boy was falling out on my floor and in the parking garage…smh. Thankfully, he didn’t vomit at anytime. Now I gotta pick up my cuzzo from the airport in 3 and a half hours, sleep some more and go out again later today. This is becoming an interesting weekend. 

3 comments:

UrSoVain said...

Ms Phifer.. you like her? I see her around campus and I don't feature her. She wears the same outfits all the time and i often wonder if other people notice it (they do).

And unless you're one of those stand offish you're going to have to compromise that lil handshake thing. That's cute in the straight world but here we hug. Even strangers! Its a part of the culture and i think its a wonderful thing. We as humans like contact with one another. Fosters healthier relationships and communication.

sc8709 said...

Hmph...I knew ur lil hot ass wouldn't be in the house ALL weekend! Sounds like you had a decent time...alcholic

AJ said...

@UrSoVain: I like his blog. As for the hug thing, I...don't know, lol. I'm just a hand shaker, not a hugger lol.

@sc8709: Oh, shaddup!! You're an alkie too!