Sunday, March 7, 2010

Go DJ...

So basically, you all know I'm a huge fan of music. You can find me downloading new music every single day. Of course, I'm not limited to one genre: the typical hip-hop/R&B. Pop, Rock, Alternative, Dance/House/Techno, Gospel, Jazz - I love it all. So it's only natural that anytime my family has a get-together, I'm the go-to guy for the music. Normally, I'd make some mixed CD's with hip-hop/R&B tunes.

Last night, however, I decided to do something a little different. Instead of making CD's, I bought a set of adrenaline-pumping surround sound speakers to hook up to my laptop and played the tracks from iTunes. Having nearly 3,000 songs, I'd never run out of music to play. So basically, I was the unofficial DJ. I don't know how to mix the music like the professionals and of course I didn't have the equipment to do so but that didn't stop everyone from having a good time.

They, my cousins of course, even started coming up with a moniker. I've heard of everything from DJ "DJ" to DJ "Dre Day" to DJ "Drizzy Dre". All lame, I know lol. I did get a lot of suggestions to take up the DJ thing more seriously. A couple of gigs, a couple hundred dollars each. Some of the laid out a whole plan, smh.

Who knows? Maybe I'll consider it.

No comments: