Monday, January 31, 2011

ATL Diaries: Getting out...

Okay, so I haven't really been getting out much in a while. For one, it's been so damn cold, you'd think Hell had frozen. Then there was the snow and ice storm, which I don't do well in. Then there's been me working a lot of OT. Plus, I hate going places on my own. Like, I really hate it.

So I've decided to make a change. This past weekend, I made my way to Buckhead. I walked around Lenox Square for a bit, studying the mall and which stores are there. Gotta know the place for when I'm ready go shopping. After that, I walked down to Barnes and Nobles, picked up E. Lynn Harris' "Basketball Jones" and a political thriller "Dark Horse" (I'm a political junkie). Also, I sat in Starbucks drinking a green tea frappucino and tweeting.

The next day I decided to go to Piedmont Park to start reading "Dark Horse" but little did I know, all the "kidz" were out going to the park. So I decided to sit in Subway, grabbed a bite to eat and started reading. As I was making my way back to the bus stop, some guy with a group of friends decided to try and get my attention by repeatedly yelling, "Aye, homeboy". I completely ignored him and his friends. Just a moment earlier, they were cussing and flipping someone off publicly and loudly. I refuse to give my attention to someone who's mentally still in high school and has lack of respect. It didn't matter how sexy he was. Not happening.

Here it is, only Monday, and I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I want to go out and have drinks someone and catch a movie. I can't just sit in the house all the time anymore. I have to get out there if I want to end up meeting someone. But mostly, I'm just trying to treat myself. #MeTime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on, man. You're bound to meet someone :)