Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back...2010


I made it. I’m still alive. I doubt that I would still be breathing. Last year was life-changing, something I never saw coming. God had a plan.
I was going through a rough time then and because of my sister, my whole life changed six months ago. For the first half of the year, I’d been struggling with finding out who I was. I was unemployed, depressed and a bad period of my past was haunting me. And a secret that was threatened to be revealed. But because of a note that I’d written and my sister found, everything that happened next turned things around.
My cousin here in ATL helped me get a job, prompting me to leave my family and friends in Houston. A day before I left, she (my sister) and my mom told me they knew about the letter and what I was going through, all the secrets I poured into that letter. The best part of it all was me coming out to my family. They showed me how much I was loved, that they accepted me for who I am no matter what, because I’m still me…I’m still AJ. It only upset them that I never talked to them, that I felt the need to hide, that it got to the point that I was ready to end it all. I’m happier (besides in the relationship/love department, lol) and healthier, and living my life out of the shadows. My best friend and I are closer than ever, and I’m making new friends (besides Tumblr and Twitter…can’t have my life be THAT bored).
There’s still some things I need to work on in 2011, such as my insecurities and gaining self-confidence.
Until then, I’m still me. I’m still AJ. Only better.
Now…about this love department thing…

No comments: