Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Aℓℓow мε τo iᴎτяoᴅucε мʏsεℓƒ...

Hi, I’m AJ and I’m an asshole. Well, not really…it depends on who you ask.
Allow me to introduce myself. Again, in case your glasses weren’t clean enough to read, my name is AJ. I’m a light-skinned black man (not African-American because I’m not from Africa). I reside in Houston, TX – born and bred. I love my French-Creole and Native American heritage. My grandparents moved here from Louisiana – Jennings and Opelousas to be exact. Thank Heavens because I’d kill myself if I ever had to live in the most boring places on earth. My mom’s folks I don’t claim; they’re country from Lufkin and Woodville, in east Texas. Good thing I take after my dad’s side, good hair and all. Both sides of my family are huge. I’m the eldest of five, my youngest brother and sister age 4 and 3. Yeah, I know…shut up.

I’m 25 years old and currently pursue a Bachelor of Science in Biology/Pre-medicine. Yes, I’m still an undergrad, so what? There was an unintentional three year break involved. Well, not exactly “unintentional”. Hell, I had to grow up and provide for myself since mommy wasn’t doing it. I want to attend the UT-Medical Branch here in Houston and become an Obstetrician/Gynecologist. If you’re slow, pick up a dictionary. And no, it’s not because I want to look at pussy all day.

In my free time, I love to write and listen to music. I’ve started three novels and a television script that’s kind of like a soap opera but of course, in true AJ fashion, none of them are finished. Lazy? I am but that’s not why. I hope soon I’ll be able to get back into writing and have my work published one day. As for music, I pretty much listen to all kind of genres from R&B to rock to hip-hop to gospel. Why limit myself? I’m the biggest Monica fan, and I also love Beyonce, Whitney “Newport Nippy” Houston, Daughtry, Nickelback, Kings of Leon, Trey Songz and Lady GaGa to name a few.

Basically, I started this blog to get some things off my chest and to speak my mind, and it’s the only outlet I have where folks I know and those close to me, like FAMILY, won’t know the shit I’m posting. I thought Twitter would be that outlet for me but they all followed me there and started a bunch of shit. Oh, well, I guess my life is your entertainment. That’s just the way it is. C’est la vie, sha.