Sunday, May 23, 2010

Masquerade

I feel empty inside
Shadowless, without a soul
I feel invisible to the world
Ignored, a waste of space
No one can see me or knows what I feel
When they are around I wear this mask
They see that I'm happy and see my smile
It looks so real but it's just a front
So forged, the real goes undetected
They don't know the feelings running through my veins
Nor the thoughts of sorrow on my mind
The self-consciousness and self-hatred
Depression is a true bitch but they don't see it
The inside of me calling out for help
Yearning for love and affection and attention
Why can't they hear my whispered screaming cries?
Or see these invisible tears?
I'm standing here in pain
They're oblivious to my scars
Do they even care?
This mask I wear so well
Conceals it all so it won't matter
Shut out like an outsider I am
My pillow now stained with teardrops
As I lay here alone, wondering
Is it all worth it, this life?
Every waking moment behind this mask
Trading my happiness for their satisfaction
For their approval and acceptance
Losing myself because I'm scared of losing them
All because I'm different, an abomination is what they call it
The hate, the judgments
Each day I live this lie
These days I feel like quitting

I just want to give it all up...
Who's going to save me before it's too late?

1 comment:

Mr. FreeXone said...

Do not quit bestie, DO NOT!