Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm back...now help me shut the hell up

Hi.

So...I been neglecting this blog. Sorta.

I haven't done some writing for you guys in a while. Blogging my thoughts, creative writing skills...just posting entertainment stuff. Funny thing that I already have a tumblr for that stuff. Anyway, I thought I'd come back here and ramble about some stuff y'all probably don't care about. Well, this week brought up something interesting and that really irks me. And y'all know when something irks me, my lips start moving. In this case, my fingers.

So, there's this saying..."Some people should never have children." Boy oh boy, is this true or what? Let's say you know someone with a 3 year old child. They've been teaching the kid the ABC's and 1-2-3's - how to recognize and write them. In your opinion, the kid's doing pretty damn good for their age, probably better than those twice his/her age and already in Pre-kindergarten. But the parent, you know, has this HUGE attitude problem and is letting it out on the child. Yelling, cussing, jerking them around, threatening to hit the kid anytime they don't write perfectly the way you want or don't immediately recognize some letters. And by hit the kid, I mean "beat the kid's ass". Did I mention that the kid's only 3 YEARS OLD???? Not 6, not 10...but 3!!!

Now the kid's all terrified and terrorized that any sudden smacking of the lips and movement from the parent, the kid freaks out and start crying. The parent already spanks the child for EVERY. LITTLE. THING. But...let's say that one day, you witness the parent hit that child in the back with their fist? Because the child didn't write the letter B the right way? Remember...3 years old. Now you know, I'm not one to tell somebody how to raise their kids but there are some things you just don't do, and that was one of them. It took EVERY-FUCKIN'-THING in me not to open my mouth. This is a person that I'm related to and this happened in my place of residence, which they're staying with me for a couple of weeks. We already had a big argument last month and I cut off communication to allow that immature still-stuck-in-high-school "adult" to grow up. So if I say something, there's going to be Hell in this house.

If you're trying to teach a child something, you have to do it with a calm attitude because that child will respond better. They can learn better and faster. A child can recognize your attitude and demeanor, and they react on that. If you're always yelling or cussing or raising your hand with some bad attitude, that child will not be able to focus on the task at hand but will instead remember your demeanor and will be scared of what you will do. If the kid sees you have a calm, nurturing and warm attitude while trying to teach them, they'll respond better and actually learn because they can focus on the subject at hand. Unfortunately, that crazy, dumb ass that had the child didn't see the damn difference when I took over the teaching.

I was told that sometimes it's best to not say anything because you'll never get anywhere with some hard-headed fools. This parent is a hard-headed fool. I'm trying that out for the first time...and dammit, it's hard. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up though. Eventually, my lips are going to start moving. And I'm going to need one of y'all to go down to County with $500 of bail money...

No comments: