Sunday, June 19, 2011

I don't think I was wrong...

You came to town to visit your two best friends and celebrate your birthday. Called me 2 days after her 2 best friends had made plans to celebrate another visiting friend's birthday. We planned to work around those plans so we could hang out with our best friend.

But, lo and behold, the night before your party...after leaving the club, I decide to call you to see how far you are from town. You proceed to tell me you don't want our best friend at your party because she's acting "funny and fake". I'm in the car with our best friend. I'm in a bad position and can't say anything.

You've been getting jealous for nothing lately. You're mad because our best friend doesn't call you. Well, the phone works both ways. You have no problem calling me then asking what our friend is up to. You're mad because when you moved to another state, our friend and I became closer after you introduced us, and started hanging out a lot. You feel like we just said FUCK YOU like you didn't matter. It was never like that. Fact is, your name came up every time we hung out. We reminisce our crazy moments with you. We wonder if you were here, what crazy thing you'd say or do. Every single time. We love you.

I heard everything you were telling me that night. I couldn't respond while in the car with our friend. You let jealousy get the best of you. The night before your birthday party, you tell me: "You know what, y'all go have your fun. I don't need y'all at my party." Then hang up...in my face.

The day of your party, you call me. A total of 9 times the whole day. 2 voice mails. 5 text messages. I ignored all of it. You're asking if I'm still coming to your party. If our friend is still coming. You let me know that we were on the guest list. You acted like the night before never happened. And you want to know if I'm coming...

You know what? Hell to the no. You basically told me to kiss your ass. You acted like an immature high school child. I don't entertain that drama shit. So no, I didn't go to your party. I love you but, my dear, you need to grow up.

No comments: