Tuesday, November 30, 2010

ATL Diaries: Playing catch-up

Yeah, I know. I've been neglecting my blog but it's been quite a busy life for me since the last update.

Working hard for the money: I've been working so much overtime over the past 3 or 4 weeks. I've been tired and exhausted. At the same time, I'm writing so many articles for the next issue of this local magazine. But in the end, the checks...well, direct deposit...shows it's all worth it. I gots goals to accomplish and dreams to make reality.

Up in da club: I finally decided to go to a club since my horribly unimpressive first gay club experience at Bulldogs four months ago. A friend and I went to Rain in the West End area of Atlanta. To be honest, I really enjoyed myself. The crowd was much younger, mostly around my age though some younger and a few older. It was my kind of crowd outside of the grown and sexy type crowd I'm used to with the straight clubs (that have a dress code).

Now that she's gone: I miss my best friend. Not talking about the one from Houston, although I miss her too. I'm talking about the new one I made here. You see, our hotel was being renovated and upon completion some jobs were being eliminated. Hers being one of them. But the bossman offered her another position, doing much more work for just a few cents more, which he was going to give her the position anyway. But she ended up getting a better job offer in Philadelphia. So, last week she moved. It's not the same without her anymore. At least we still talk, text and Skype. Hopefully, I'll be able to visit Philly at the beginning of the year. Now I don't have anyone I can cut up and act a fool with here. :(

Thanksgiving alone: Yep. It was my first Thanksgiving without my family. My cousin and his friends were going on a road trip to New Orleans but I decided not to go. I was saving my money for my trip to Houston for Christmas instead. I didn't really plan to do anything. My best friend was already gone by this time. Well, I had to cook this turkey my cousin decided to buy, knowing he was going to be gone. It was the first time I ever cooked a turkey and I'm proud of myself for how good it turned out. Of course, naturally, I cooked cornbread dressing, collard greens, broccoli and rice casserole, oven-baked mac-n-cheese and candied yams. Also made pumpkin pie, to top it off. My fridge is STILL full. I don't know how to cook for one.

So that's been me since the last post. Yup.

1 comment:

sc8709 said...

I still want my plate!