Saturday, December 4, 2010

Being a victim makes me a negative person, apparently...

Funny thing, I was called a "negative" person for not understanding the justification of changing FB profile pics helping to stop child abuse, even after saying that people should SPEAK UP or go out and do something. Donate their time to the cause, and whatnot. 


FB isn't donating anything to any organization. I can understand it then if they were but they aren't. A better idea would have been sharing a story in their status that could help encourage victims to speak up. Cartoon characters aren't always a positive memory for some, especially victims of child abuse. It comes in many forms: physical, verbal and emotional. It can be neglect or sexual molestation/abuse. I know what it's like to be a victim because it happened to me. If you know it's happening to someone, SPEAK UP!! Go out and do something about it. Donate your time, if you can. Donate to organizations working for the cause. It doesn't have to just be money. 


People change their default pictures every single day. If you think that will help support a cause then do it every day. Don't do it just for Breast Cancer month. Don't do it just for World AIDS Day. Don't do it just for "stop the bully" day. Thinking that simply changing your picture for a specific amount of time is helping actually angers me. 


So don't call me negative for not agreeing with cartoon defaults because I'm a victim and it doesn't help anything.

No comments: