Sunday, December 26, 2010

ATL Diaries: Happy Holidays...from Houston

Happy Holidays to all.

I was able to get a couple of days off work (the first days I've taken off since I started 5 months ago) and head home...the REAL home...to Houston for the Christmas holiday. Luckily, I got away before the snow came into ATL. Yes, I hate snow. Plus it was so warm in H-Town that I got to wear my Sperry's for the first time in weeks! Anyway, I took my first flight on a plane ever and let me just say it wasn't easy. And the fact that it was those small express jets didn't make it any easier.

It was great being around my family. I hadn't seen them since I left six months ago. I barely got halfway up the driveway and my niece comes running into my arms. I missed that little girl soooooooo much. She's going to throw a fit when I have to leave tonight. I don't blame her; I don't want to leave her. She's my baby, pretty much the closest I'll ever get to having my own kids.

Now it's back to ATL and back to life. I hope the snow is going to be gone. I'd hope the cold will be gone but that's pushing it. This was a great vacation but it's time to make some moves in 2011. Oh and start planning my next trip. But...

...about this flight tonight...

1 comment:

sc8709 said...

Ugh...I hate express planes. Good luck lol